Mood
My mood while reading this heart warming book called “shattered” by Eric Walters. I felt guilty while reading this, I felt as if why couldn’t it have been me instead of those who died in Rwanda in Africa who had their limbs cut with machetes. This book is very depressing. The saddest incident was reading about Jacobs story, on how his entire family had their limbs cut with machetes and the only way he survived was being piled on with bodies and thinking about thousands of bodies just over flowing in a river down stream, and no matter what you do when you pull one out another comes along. “1 death is a tragedy. 1,000,000 is a statistic.” –Joseph Stalin was the most depressing thing I’ve ever heard but it defines the Rwandan war perfectly because when we know of somebody who died it’s a tragedy but when we hear of 1,000,000 it does not matter to us because its only a statistic and we did not know of them personally. The most unusually incident was when Sarge (Jacques) threw the beer bottle at Ian causing it to “shatter” in this part I finally realized why this book is called “shattered” because those who fought in the Rwandan wars lives were shattered because of the pain they suffered. After reading this book it really made me think. Like on how the statistics on many people have died through poverty.
Awesomesauce!
ReplyDelete